Summer 2020 Online Services and Schedule
Campus Tutoring Services offers NMSU undergraduate students free, accessible and convenient options to supplement their academic experience for our most in-demand courses on campus. Campus Tutoring offers individual and small group online tutoring at this time via Zoom.
After connecting with a tutor using Zoom, you will be able to interact with the tutor by using a microphone, a webcam, or a text-based chat box. Your Peer Tutor will use an interactive whiteboard to diagram concepts and you can share your screen to review documents and clarify course material together.
What is Expected of You
- Students understand that Peer Tutors are not permitted to help with any take-home tests, assessments, exams/quizzes or uncompleted homework assignments.
- Students are expected to come prepared to peer tutoring with questions and class materials
- Students are encouraged to communicate with their Peer Tutor about ways they learn best and whether they need material explained through different Zoom modalities
What You Can Expect of Campus Tutoring Services and your Peer Tutor
- Guaranteed 60 minute tutoring session (additional time is dependent on Tutor’s availability)
- Peer Tutors are trained to provide an extra layer of academic support by reviewing critical concepts and materials from class, clarifying points of confusion and developing study strategies for upcoming exams.
- Peer tutoring is private and protected by FERPA
Campus Tutoring Services, led through a peer tutor model, enhances student’s self-belief, giving students control over learning processes and developing confidence and commitment to learning.
Campus Tutoring offers a strong and integrated academic support service to students led by experienced and nationally accredited peer tutors. CTS Peer Tutors are the only College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) certified tutors that serve the entire NMSU campus. NMSU Campus Tutoring Services holds a Level 1 CRLA Program Certification. Tutors participate in ongoing training in order to promote independent learning and believe in excellence through preparation and hard work.
NMSU is committed to the safety and well-being of our students. As concerns for COVID-19 grow, we want our community to be aware of the University’s policies, actions, and statements. Please refer to the Aggie Health and Wellness Center’s website at https://nmsu.edu/coronavirus/ for updated news, policies, and procedure implementations.
For individual Tutor Schedules, please click on > Meet the Tutors> Tutor Name