What to Expect
Campus Tutoring Services offers NMSU undergraduate students free, accessible and convenient options to supplement their academic experience for our most in-demand courses on campus. Campus Tutoring offers individual and small group online tutoring at this time.
Students are able to access tutoring sessions from anywhere with only a reliable internet connection. After connecting with your Peer Tutor using Zoom, you will be able to dialogue with the Tutor by using a microphone, webcam, or a text-based chat box. Your session will utilize an interactive whiteboard to diagram concepts and you can share your screen to review documents and clarify course material together.
What is Expected of You
- Students are expected to come prepared to peer tutoring with questions and class materials
- Students are encouraged to communicate with their Peer Tutor about ways they learn best and whether they need material explained through different Zoom modalities
- Students understand that Peer Tutors are not permitted to help with any exams/quizzes or uncompleted homework assignments.
What You Can Expect of Campus Tutoring Services and your Peer Tutor
- Guaranteed 60 minute tutoring session (additional time is dependent on Tutor’s availability)
- Peer Tutors are trained to provide an extra layer of academic support by reviewing critical concepts and materials from class, clarifying points of confusion and developing study strategies for upcoming exams.
- Peer tutoring is private and protected by FERPA
If you have any questions about requesting an appointment, tutor schedules or need assistance, please call 575-646-1342, 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday and Sunday.