What to Expect
Campus Tutoring Services offers NMSU undergraduate students free, accessible and convenient options to supplement their academic experience for our most in-demand courses on campus. Campus Tutoring offers individual and small group tutoring online via NMSU Zoom and In-Person by Appointment/Walk-Ins for the Fall 2021 Semester.
After connecting with a Peer Tutor using NMSU Zoom, you will be able to interact with the Peer Tutor by using a microphone, a webcam, or a text-based chat box. Your Peer Tutor will use an interactive whiteboard to diagram concepts and you can share your screen to review documents and clarify course material together.
What is Expected of You
- Students understand that Peer Tutors are not permitted to help with any take-home tests, assessments, exams/quizzes or uncompleted homework assignments.
- Students are expected to come prepared to tutoring with questions and class materials.
- Students are encouraged to communicate with their Peer Tutor about ways they learn best and whether they need material explained through different Zoom or in-person modalities.
What You Can Expect of Campus Tutoring Services and your Peer Tutor
- Guaranteed 60 minute tutoring session (additional time is dependent on Tutor’s availability)
- Peer Tutors are trained to provide an extra layer of academic support by reviewing critical concepts and materials from class, clarifying points of confusion and developing study strategies for upcoming exams.
- Peer tutoring is private and protected by FERPA
Bottom of Page, update to: If you have any questions about requesting an appointment, tutor schedules, or need assistance, please call 575-646-6050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org